"Emile Muller. Pair Of Vases Covered In Glazed Stoneware, Around 1880"Emile Muller, Pair of covered vases in glazed stoneware, around 1880 Émile Muller, born in Altkirch (Haut-Rhin) in 1823, died in Nice (Alpes-Maritimes) in 1889, is a French ceramist and sculptor. Émile Muller created in 1854 the Grande Tuilerie business in Ivry-sur-Seine, near Paris, specializing in ceramic products for construction and industry, as well as art ceramics. In 1884 he developed an enameled terracotta for architectural decoration and the reproduction of works of art. Many artists such as Eugène Grasset, Henri de Toulouse Lautrec and even Alexandre Falguière will find in this high-quality material an ideal support for the production of their works and will thus contribute to Müller's reputation. Emile Müller signs his works with his name and sometimes affixes an IVRY / PARIS EMILE MULLER stamp. His son, Louis Muller, succeeded him on his death in 1889 by taking over the company under the name of Émile Muller et Compagnie. He participated in the Universal Exhibitions and obtained a grand prize in Brussels in 1897, and three gold medals. Louis' works are signed by EMILLE MULLER ET CO. The works published by the company Émile Muller et Compagnie are kept at the Musée d'Orsay in Paris, the Musée Départemental de l'Oise in Beauvais and the Musée de l'École de Nancy. This model of vase is found, in cast iron, along the Museum of the Legion of Honor quay Anatole France.