"Four-masted Boat And Its Pilot Boat With The Beacon By Charles Viaud (1920-1975)"Oil on panel, signed lower left. Size of the work with frame: 67 x 92.5 cm.
This ship came from the Bordes shipping line, a French shipping company from 1868 to 1935, mainly from Nantes and Dunkirk, which became the world leader in sailing transport in the first quarter of the century XXᵉ.
Charles Viaud, a former student of the Beaux-Arts de Nantes, is a natural son of Pierre Loti. Passionate about marine and fishing He moved to Ville Close like many painters. He initiated the opening of the fishing museum, inaugurated in July 1961, of which he will be the curator. This museum is managed by the association "Friends of the Fishing Museum". It is the first French museum devoted solely to fishing. In 2003 the museum was awarded the designation "Musée de France".