"Mahogany And Sterling Silver Side Table G Keller"Small side table in solid mahogany and solid silver trim Period late 19th century Goldsmith's mark G Keller * and neck brace 1st title on the trim Two push buttons located under the crosspiece open respectively A drawer and a shelf covered with patent leather In very good condition * The Keller company was founded in 1856 by Gustave Keller; his elegant productions were immediately appreciated for their quality. G. Keller was awarded in 1867 and 1878 with a silver medal and a gold medal. After 1878, the Keller brothers took over from him and began to produce silverware which was awarded in 1889 and 1900 at the world exhibitions, respectively with a gold medal and a Grand Prix. In 1889, Lucien Falize wrote that "anything that bears the Keller brand is fine" (the later company was known as "Keller son and son-in-law successors"). Established in Paris at 65, rue de Turbigo, Maison Keller moved its store and workshop to 22 rue Joubert in 1891. In 1929, the store was registered at 18 avenue Matignon and was still in operation in 1947. Maison Keller has had famous and international clients and was appointed official supplier of several courses (Spain, Russia, Greece and Romania). The Russian Court was an important client in 1897, when the last Tsar himself was a regular buyer.