"Ipsen Enke Amphora Prometheus Terracotta 19th Century"We present this magnificent Panathenaic terracotta amphora signed Ipsen Enke from Denmark, dating from the late nineteenth century, neoclassical style.
We share the beveled title to the black color with the orange intervals which is the base of the beautiful body (here reminds ancient Greece for its shape and ancient Rome for the purple color) or Winged Cupid (Greek God of 'love and sex) and Prometheus (Greek titan here in steal fire to the gods to give to man) in a beautiful image, a tribute to love and human progress.
The specimens of the amphora are very accentuated by the base of the two arms, which rise from the bottom to the outside, so curving and leaning on the side, thus reinforcing the beautiful ornamented with floral motifs.
We close with lip shapes that are accentuated from the bottom upward outward, taking for the shapes of certain axes.
In conclusion: an amphora of rare beauty, here is the Magna Graecia in all its splendor, an elegant presence, a work of quality and which can only enrich modern furniture or classic.
Has a repair before the purchase
Delivery in Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria included in the price.
For more photos and information: do not hesitate to contact me.
Delivery in a wooden box.
Take a look at our social media profiles to read customer reviews and view our shipping packaging
We admit offers
Nicolò Di Giuseppe
Whats App +34 665372671
Antica Roma Anticuario
P. Ipsen Enke was a ceramics manufacturer based at Frederikssundsvej 78 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The company was founded by Peter Ipsen in 1843 and continued after his death in 1860 by his widow Louise Ipsen and her son Berthel Ipsen. She achieved international success with her replica of ancient Greek and Roman ceramics, winning awards at international exhibitions and opening her own stores in Paris and London. After the turn of the century, he collaborated with artists such as Thorvald Bindesbøll, WillumsenJ and Axel Salto. It closed in 1955.