"Fireplace Trim By Beurdeley"Important mantelpiece in gilded and patinated bronze, and morello cherry red. The pendulum has a draped cherub pointing the finger at time, and wrapping a bollard with the cornucopia. The enameled dial with Roman numerals is signed A.Beurdeley Fils in Paris. The rectangular base with skid feet and inverted cavet has ornamentation of leafy posts and ram heads. The candelabras, according to Clodion, show children supporting five sconces with boar and deer heads at their feet. Three wrapped lights are imitating hunting horns, and two decorated with oak leaves and acorns. Pendulum: H. 56.5 cm - L. 51 cm - P. 25.5 cm. Candelabra: H. 79 cm Our garnish is presented "in its own juice": movement to be revised, traces of oxidation and a few small gaps in the marble. The revision of the movement and the cleaning will be guaranteed by our watchmaker on demand. Louis-Auguste-Alfred Beurdeley (1808 - 1882) The Beurdeley family was one of the most important dynasties of furniture manufacturers in the 19th century. They took their art to a level of skill rarely equaled. They exercised for three generations from 1818 to 1895. The Beurdeley family are particularly renowned for the quality of their gilt bronze mounts and the choice of precious materials for the ornamentation of their furniture and works of art. The systematic use of mercury gilding and the quality of the carving allowed them to perpetuate the tradition of excellence of the 18th century. The founder of the dynasty, Jean Beurdeley, settled in Paris in 1804. He created a modest company there and slowly built his reputation. It was located at 355 rue Saint Honoré in 1818 and at 364 rue Saint Honoré from 1820 to 1839. In 1839, it occupied the prestigious Hanover Pavilion at the corner of rue Louis-le-Grand and Boulevard des Italiens, which which testifies to its success. His son, Louis-Auguste-Alfred Beurdeley, will experience fame and honors. He continued his father's work at the Hanover Pavilion where he created furniture, mainly inspired by the Louis XVI style. He was one of the most talented creators of the second half of the 19th century, excelling in both bronze and cabinetmaking. Under the Second Empire, he became one of the main suppliers of the Imperial Furniture Guard, he received orders from Napoleon III and the Empress Eugenie, notably on the occasion of their marriage, and supplied the royal houses of Europe He participated in the Universal Exhibitions in Paris in 1855 and 1867 where he received numerous distinctions. Louis Beurdeley's creations generally bear the “BY” stamp. Alfred-Emmanuel-Louis Beurdeley, worked with his father, then succeeded him in 1875. Still installed at the Hanover Pavilion, he opened workshops at 20 and 24, rue Dautancourt. The activity continued in the same spirit until 1895. Alfred, like his colleagues Dasson, Grohé or Fourdinois, participated in the prestigious Universal Exhibition of 1878 where he received the gold medal. This success enabled him to open a gallery in New York. His participation in the 1883 Universal Exhibition in Amsterdam ensured him even more success. He was made a Knight of the Legion of Honor. The Beurdeley house ceased its activities in 1895 and the stock was dispersed during numerous auctions.