"Max Blondat "child" In Porcelain Of Paris"Head of young child in white porcelain signed in hollow on the side Max Blondat and wearing below the stamp with blue enamel "Porcelain of Paris" and the number "46". Sculpture mounted on a wooden cube base. Porcelain in very good condition, no accident. A small brown spot of origin in porcelain at the back of the head. Height of the head 20.5 cm. Total height, with base, 31 cm. Max Blondat, born September 30, 1872 in Crain and died November 17, 1925 in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, is a French sculptor emblematic of Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles. Maximilian Blondat is the son of a cooper. Encouraged by the village teacher who recognized his gifts for drawing and modeling, he entered as an apprentice in an ornamental sculptor in 1886 and will continue to work on sculpture in several areas and different materials. He arrived in Paris and began his studies in 1889 at the École Germain-Pilon1. In 1890, he exhibited at the Salon of French artists for the first time and presented a plaster medallion, then he perfected in the workshop of Mathurin Moreau. In 1892, he entered the School of Fine Arts in Paris, he signed his first achievements under the maternal name "Henry". He works wood, stone, earth, glass, bronze, and excels in the decorative arts with the reduction of his sculptures or the creation of small utility objects: car radiator caps, knockers, clocks, cupboards, ashtrays, salt and pepper shakers, etc. He also creates ceramics with Edmond Lachenal at the Sèvres factory or works of ironwork with Edgar Brandt. His bronzes are published by the foundry Siot-Decauville and the foundry Valsuani. He also created jewels for Chambon and Hermes. In 1906, he was a founding member of the Society of French Decorative Arts. Some of his works are preserved at the Oise departmental museum in Beauvais and the Museum of the Thirties in Boulogne-Billancourt. One of his most famous achievements is the Jeunesse fountain, representing three children observing three frogs. We can see a version Darcy place in Dijon, and others in Mareil-sur-Mauldre [ref. necessary], in Germany in Düsseldorf, Argentina in Buenos Aires [ref. necessary], in Ukraine in Odessa (variant of a single stylized frog), in Switzerland in Zurich, in the United States in Denver and in Mexico in Nacozari de García in the central square. Engaged in the service of camouflage (the Chameleons) he left in 1917 to run the School of Fine Arts in Dijon until 1919, he then works to the realization of war memorials. He was decorated with the 1914-1918 war cross and was promoted to the rank of Officer of the Legion of Honor in 1925, when he died suddenly of a blinding sepsis leaving a widow and her three very young daughters. He lived in the district of Parc des Princes in Boulogne-Billancourt, a city that gave its name to one of its streets.