"Composition Signed Arturo Piza"COMPOSITION Plaster of Arturo PIZA (1928-2017) Circa 1970 In 1951, after the biennale of Sao Paulo, he moved to the Montparnasse district in Paris where he learned the different engraving techniques in the workshop of Johnny Friedlaender4. He then participated in several group exhibitions in France, Brazil, Switzerland and Germany where he won prizes. Then he holds personal exhibitions in Brazil and Paris, including La Hune gallery (twelve times from 1953 to 1991). Subsequently, he glues relief fragments based on paper, copper and wood on his watercolors and, in the 1960s, he devotes more and more to engraving chisel. It is in this art that he reveals his most personal style. The copper plates are cut to form small scales. He also makes jewelry and porcelain objects, especially for the manufacture of Sèvres5. In the 1980s he built a three-dimensional panel for the French Cultural Center of Damascus in Syria. In 1996, he participated in an exhibition with Hugh Weiss at the Gallery Fine Arts in Tokyo, Japan. After 2000, two major retrospectives of his work were organized in Brazil in São Paulo and Porto Alegre. His works are preserved in numerous museums around the world, such as the Museum of Modern Art and the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York, the Art Institute of Chicago, the National Library of France, the Center Georges- Pompidou and the Museum of Modern Art in the city of Paris. His works can also be found in Lodz, Vienna, Rome, Saint-Etienne, Saarbrücken, Portland, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, London and the Angers Public Library.