A large glass ewer in amber-green blown glass, with a warm-back handle, with a rich ornamentation of hard polychrome enamels painted in relief and enhanced with gold. This decor is illustrated by a seedling of flowers of lilies and hermines of Brittany, in opposition: Les grandes armes d'Anne de Bretagne Reine de France: Coat uncovering the shield in part from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of France and the coat of arms of the Duchy of Brittany, encircled by the necklace of the Order of Saint Michael. The mantle is lined with hermine and surmounted by the royal crown in cimier and the scepter and the hand of justice in jumper. The coat of arms of the city of Nantes (birthplace of Anne de Bretagne and seat of the ducal castle): representative version after 1816 overcoming the motto "FAVET NEPTUNUS EUNTI " Exceptional commission probably placed in 1891 to celebrate the fourth centenary of the union of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany.This ewer is an achievement that illustrates the revival of the "Renaissance - Troubadour" taste that materialized in the decorative and architectural arts in France from Charles X and that will last until the end of the XIXth century.Production without signature or workshop mark, which can be attributed to the glassware of Plaine Saint-Denis, which from 1871 saw a significant production of glass decorated with polychrome hard enamels at the initiative of François- Theodore Legras, who will be attached to Pantin glassware in 1897, following the emergence of numerous commissions .This technique of applying hard enamels and gold was rediscovered by Philippe Joseph brocard (1831-1896), he was a precursor in Europe of the production of enamelled glass, and was followed by Imberton, Baccarat, Gallé, Legras ....... and many others.This ewer is reminiscent of the production of 'ostentatious' presentation dishes that were exhibited on a Dresser from the fourteenth century. It is close to Anne of Brittany’s arms cup (dated between 1498 and 1514), now presented at the Renaissance Museum in Ecouen.Max height: 42.50 cm - Max diameter: 18 cm.No shocks, cracks or abrasions. flag

A large glass ewer in amber-green blown glass, with a warm-back handle, with a rich ornamentation of hard polychrome enamels painted in relief and enhanced with gold. This decor is illustrated by a seedling of flowers of lilies and hermines of Brittany, in opposition: Les grandes armes d'Anne de Bretagne Reine de France: Coat uncovering the shield in part from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of France and the coat of arms of the Duchy of Brittany, encircled by the necklace of the Order of Saint Michael. The mantle is lined with hermine and surmounted by the royal crown in cimier and the scepter and the hand of justice in jumper. The coat of arms of the city of Nantes (birthplace of Anne de Bretagne and seat of the ducal castle): representative version after 1816 overcoming the motto "FAVET NEPTUNUS EUNTI " Exceptional commission probably placed in 1891 to celebrate the fourth centenary of the union of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany.This ewer is an achievement that illustrates the revival of the "Renaissance - Troubadour" taste that materialized in the decorative and architectural arts in France from Charles X and that will last until the end of the XIXth century.Production without signature or workshop mark, which can be attributed to the glassware of Plaine Saint-Denis, which from 1871 saw a significant production of glass decorated with polychrome hard enamels at the initiative of François- Theodore Legras, who will be attached to Pantin glassware in 1897, following the emergence of numerous commissions .This technique of applying hard enamels and gold was rediscovered by Philippe Joseph brocard (1831-1896), he was a precursor in Europe of the production of enamelled glass, and was followed by Imberton, Baccarat, Gallé, Legras ....... and many others.This ewer is reminiscent of the production of 'ostentatious' presentation dishes that were exhibited on a Dresser from the fourteenth century. It is close to Anne of Brittany’s arms cup (dated between 1498 and 1514), now presented at the Renaissance Museum in Ecouen.Max height: 42.50 cm - Max diameter: 18 cm.No shocks, cracks or abrasions.
Click to enlarge the 10 pictures.

Object description :

"A large glass ewer in amber-green blown glass, with a warm-back handle, with a rich ornamentation of hard polychrome enamels painted in relief and enhanced with gold. This decor is illustrated by a seedling of flowers of lilies and hermines of Brittany, in opposition: Les grandes armes d'Anne de Bretagne Reine de France: Coat uncovering the shield in part from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of France and the coat of arms of the Duchy of Brittany, encircled by the necklace of the Order of Saint Michael. The mantle is lined with hermine and surmounted by the royal crown in cimier and the scepter and the hand of justice in jumper. The coat of arms of the city of Nantes (birthplace of Anne de Bretagne and seat of the ducal castle): representative version after 1816 overcoming the motto "FAVET NEPTUNUS EUNTI " Exceptional commission probably placed in 1891 to celebrate the fourth centenary of the union of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany.This ewer is an achievement that illustrates the revival of the "Renaissance - Troubadour" taste that materialized in the decorative and architectural arts in France from Charles X and that will last until the end of the XIXth century.Production without signature or workshop mark, which can be attributed to the glassware of Plaine Saint-Denis, which from 1871 saw a significant production of glass decorated with polychrome hard enamels at the initiative of François- Theodore Legras, who will be attached to Pantin glassware in 1897, following the emergence of numerous commissions .This technique of applying hard enamels and gold was rediscovered by Philippe Joseph brocard (1831-1896), he was a precursor in Europe of the production of enamelled glass, and was followed by Imberton, Baccarat, Gallé, Legras ....... and many others.This ewer is reminiscent of the production of 'ostentatious' presentation dishes that were exhibited on a Dresser from the fourteenth century. It is close to Anne of Brittany’s arms cup (dated between 1498 and 1514), now presented at the Renaissance Museum in Ecouen.Max height: 42.50 cm - Max diameter: 18 cm.No shocks, cracks or abrasions."
A large glass ewer in amber-green blown glass, with a warm-back handle, with a rich ornamentation of hard polychrome enamels painted in relief and enhanced with gold. This decor is illustrated by a seedling of flowers of lilies and hermines of Brittany, in opposition: Les grandes armes d'Anne de Bretagne Reine de France: Coat uncovering the shield in part from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of France and the coat of arms of the Duchy of Brittany, encircled by the necklace of the Order of Saint Michael. The mantle is lined with hermine and surmounted by the royal crown in cimier and the scepter and the hand of justice in jumper. The coat of arms of the city of Nantes (birthplace of Anne de Bretagne and seat of the ducal castle): representative version after 1816 overcoming the motto "FAVET NEPTUNUS EUNTI " Exceptional commission probably placed in 1891 to celebrate the fourth centenary of the union of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany.This ewer is an achievement that illustrates the revival of the "Renaissance - Troubadour" taste that materialized in the decorative and architectural arts in France from Charles X and that will last until the end of the XIXth century.Production without signature or workshop mark, which can be attributed to the glassware of Plaine Saint-Denis, which from 1871 saw a significant production of glass decorated with polychrome hard enamels at the initiative of François- Theodore Legras, who will be attached to Pantin glassware in 1897, following the emergence of numerous commissions .This technique of applying hard enamels and gold was rediscovered by Philippe Joseph brocard (1831-1896), he was a precursor in Europe of the production of enamelled glass, and was followed by Imberton, Baccarat, Gallé, Legras ....... and many others.This ewer is reminiscent of the production of 'ostentatious' presentation dishes that were exhibited on a Dresser from the fourteenth century. It is close to Anne of Brittany’s arms cup (dated between 1498 and 1514), now presented at the Renaissance Museum in Ecouen.Max height: 42.50 cm - Max diameter: 18 cm.No shocks, cracks or abrasions.
Price : 1280 €
Period:19th century
Style:Renaissance, Louis 13th
Condition : Bon état

Material : Verre
Diameter : 18 cm
Height : 42,50 cm

Reference : 416245
Contact Dealer
wait...
Go to the dealer's gallery
Print

"Le Marchand de Hasard" see more objects from this dealer

"Opalines, Verres émaillés, Renaissance, Louis 13th"

more objects on Proantic.com
Subscribe to newsletter
Le Marchand de Hasard
objets de qualités - lampes - lustres - cristal - porcelaine - argenterie
A large glass ewer in amber-green blown glass, with a warm-back handle, with a rich ornamentation of hard polychrome enamels painted in relief and enhanced with gold. This decor is illustrated by a seedling of flowers of lilies and hermines of Brittany, in opposition: Les grandes armes d'Anne de Bretagne Reine de France: Coat uncovering the shield in part from the coat of arms of the Kingdom of France and the coat of arms of the Duchy of Brittany, encircled by the necklace of the Order of Saint Michael. The mantle is lined with hermine and surmounted by the royal crown in cimier and the scepter and the hand of justice in jumper. The coat of arms of the city of Nantes (birthplace of Anne de Bretagne and seat of the ducal castle): representative version after 1816 overcoming the motto "FAVET NEPTUNUS EUNTI " Exceptional commission probably placed in 1891 to celebrate the fourth centenary of the union of Charles VIII and Anne of Brittany.This ewer is an achievement that illustrates the revival of the "Renaissance - Troubadour" taste that materialized in the decorative and architectural arts in France from Charles X and that will last until the end of the XIXth century.Production without signature or workshop mark, which can be attributed to the glassware of Plaine Saint-Denis, which from 1871 saw a significant production of glass decorated with polychrome hard enamels at the initiative of François- Theodore Legras, who will be attached to Pantin glassware in 1897, following the emergence of numerous commissions .This technique of applying hard enamels and gold was rediscovered by Philippe Joseph brocard (1831-1896), he was a precursor in Europe of the production of enamelled glass, and was followed by Imberton, Baccarat, Gallé, Legras ....... and many others.This ewer is reminiscent of the production of 'ostentatious' presentation dishes that were exhibited on a Dresser from the fourteenth century. It is close to Anne of Brittany’s arms cup (dated between 1498 and 1514), now presented at the Renaissance Museum in Ecouen.Max height: 42.50 cm - Max diameter: 18 cm.No shocks, cracks or abrasions.
06 08 63 91 22


*We will send you a confirmation email from info@proantic.com Please check your messages, including the spam folder.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form