"Terracotta Sculpture "listening" From Mathurin Moreau"Large XIXth century decorative sculpture in terracotta representing "listening", a work by Mathurin MOREAU (1822-1912) Born in Dijon in 1822, died in Paris in 1912. Between 19 years at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts Paris in 1841 in the Workshops of Jules Ramey and Auguste Dumont. He won the second prize in Rome in 1842 and will be medal of honor at the Salon of 1897. He collaborated with the Fonderie d'Art su Val d'Oise between 1849 and 1879 and was also a director. From 1879 until his death, Mathurin Moreau was elected mayor of the 19th arrondissement of Paris. He was appointed Knight of the Legion of Honor in 1865 and promoted Officer of the same order in 1885. Chanter of feminine grace, his figures, his scenes of genre and allegories, of a kind and smiling realism, dominate a very abundant production of bronze of collection to which are added many official orders. This sculpture presents some accidents of time which gives it an additional charm, It is signed lower right on the base.