"Foot Lamp In The Style Of Charles House"Lamp base of Charles House style, in silver and gold metal. Baluster foot with beaded and water leaves. Reported desilvering at the neck of the lamp.
Period 20th century.
Charles House (sometimes called Charles House and Son) was founded in 1908 by the French Ernest Charles who bought Ullmann, a company specializing in bronze. In its early days, the company produced antique bronze lighting fixtures and became famous for its ability to work with the material; it is thus forging a reputation within the world of bronze art professionals. In 1960, Maison Charles moved to the Marais district in Paris. It is here that Chrystiane Charles (1927-2013), Jean's wife and a famous bronze artist and sculptor, create the Charles Collection which includes the most famous pieces of Maison Charles. Since the Charles House has forged a place in the luminaries and still continue to dazzle us with his creations.