"Chateau De Vertcoeur, Gouache Signed William Heer, Art Deco"WILLIAM HEER (Lausanne 1883-1935) "Castle Vertcoeur" Gouache. View of the main facade of the castle of brick and stone Louis XIV style with its French garden terrace. In the manner of "views riders" gouache eighteenth century but in an Art Deco style. Signed lower right: "WILL.HEER" Dated bottom left "1920". Legend to gold in old French: "View of the Cavaliere Vertcoeur Chasteau near Chevreuse L'Isle de France" very cool colors and in perfect condition. Beautiful gilded wooden frame, decor Berain, of nineteenth-century Regency style. Label the back of the coach: Ed Imbert successor.. 52 rue de la Paroisse Versailles. Supplier of Palace of Versailles and Trianon. Dimensions: Framework including: length 65 cm x height 50 cm. Provenance: Count René Philipon (1870-1936) to the castle of Vertcoeur. By descent. *************** William Heer was a painter, draftsman and miniaturist. He also created jewelry, furniture and tapestries. He was also a friend of the famous architect and designer Emilio Terry (1890 -1969). *************** Castle Vertcoeur is located in Milon-La-Chapelle in the valley of Chevreuse (Yvelines). It was built in the nineteenth century for Philipon counts. In 1945, General de Gaulle buys the property to establish the Anne de Gaulle Foundation, host institution for mentally disabled young girls without resources. State-approved May 30, 1945, the foundation was named August 13, 1948 in honor of Anne de Gaulle, daughter of Charles and Yvonne de Gaulle, reached trisomy 21. In 1947, the Secretary General of The association was Georges Pompidou. The institution is funded by copyright writings of General. The foundation still exists at that address.